Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tastes Just Like Jiffy Corn Muffins

For those of us who were raised on Jiffy Corn Muffins, you will relate to this story. I have been eating GF for 12 years and have yet to find a corn bread mix that tastes just like Jiffy and is as easy to make. The search is finally over. I have found yet another Pamela's Products mix that tastes like the real thing. As usual, the package is loaded with recipe variations, but I just follow the Sweet Old Fashioned Corn Bread recipe.

The mix is very easy to make and has both a good taste and texture. The mix does not contain dairy. The recipe I use does require butter, but you can replace oil for butter. Click here to read the ingredients.

According to Marion, the traveling cupcake maker for Pamela's, you can bake the mix in a cast iron skillet in your oven, so the cornbread comes out with a fabulous golden crust on the top and bottom, but it soft and moist in the middle.

My grandmother was from Kentucky and her cornbread was always a little crusty on the outside, but soft in the middle. I thought this was the norm, but when I moved down to Georgia, I discovered people put sugar in their cornbread and like it undercooked.

Only two other mix came close and they are by Really Great Foods and Gluten Free Pantry. All of the other mixes, to me, tasted like cake or had too much grit to be enjoyable.

I highly recommend picking up a bag and giving it a try. This is a fabulous product to use for breakfast or any other meal. I will definitely use it to prepare my GF Cornbread Stuffing at Thanksgiving.

Yeah Pamela's...keep on creating new mixes!

No comments:

Post a Comment